Dr. Nancy Branyas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Branyas?

Posted on November 29th, 2016

There is a first for everything. I have never been disappointed with a physician, but today was the day. I saw Dr. Branyas for a 'new patient visit.' She 'concurred' with my 3 other physicians about my autonomical condition, which is treated by neurology, not an EP/cardiologist. I'm not sure why she even commented on it. As I was attempting to explain that I am new to Indianapolis and that I have Sinus Tachycardia (hence why I needed to see Dr. Branyas), she put her hand up to quiet me and talked right over me. She ignored any questions I had except regarding my beta blocker and children. According to Dr. Branyas, I am able to take my current beta blocker while pregnant, yet 2 other cardiologist (one in Florida and one at Cleveland Clinic), as well as 2 neurologist, and a pharmacist say absolutely NOT to take the medication while pregnant and that I need to simply switch beta blockers. The medication warning label also says not to take it while pregnant. Dr. Branyas was highly irritated that I brought up my concerns regarding what the other physicians had said. Besides this, Dr. Branyas was apparently too busy to let me explain that I have a history of mild heart attacks. I have had an increase in chest pains, shortness of breath, and palpitations. In fact, she made a comment that "Most people recover. You already feel better than before." If she had listened to me or let me speak at all, she would have known that I have been getting worse and could treat me appropriately and accurately. Then, she said that I 'seem fine' and she'd see me in 6 months and walked out. I had no chance to bring up any concerns, explain my medical history, etc. I had to find a nurse to ask her if I was finished with my appointment. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Branyas. I have never said that in my life. In fact, I am a medically based Speech-Language Pathologist. I work with numerous doctors daily. I was absolutely flabbergasted at the poor care and bedside manners Dr. Branyas displayed.

Patient of Dr. Branyas for 14 years

Posted on April 24th, 2013

Her compassion for her patients is exemplary. She is professional, kind, caring and talented. I'm not sure how many times she has saved my life, but its been several. Critical mitral stenosis began our relationship. Now, 14 years later, I'm still here and she is still keeping me happy to be alive.

Posted on March 8th, 2009