Dr. Nancy Cross Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Cross?

I had a Horrible experience here. I was taken off my existing pain meds, talked at, and made to feel that my previous doctor was incompetent. Next I was put on a Morphine derivative regiment and had a very bad reaction. Despite being told previously by Dr. Cross that we could try something else, she took me off the Morphine w/o a titration. Serious withdrawal situation and would not see me again if I didn't go back to the Morphine. She did not talk to me after the initial appointment, and would not take my calls, rather referring me to her P. A. who would not get back to me if I needed assistance.

horrible experience

I had an appointment to see Dr. Cross and my husband lost his job and insurance so I called her office more than a week before my scheduled appointment to explain the situation and was told to call back two weeks later when my husband started a new job to make a new appointment with his new insurance. When I called to schedule the new appointment I was told Dr. Cross would not see me as a patient because I had cancelled ONE appointment. I wouldn't recommend her or her clinic to anyone. I would rather drive to Anchorage where the doctors know what they're doing and don't treat patients in chronic pain like crap.

I have found over the course of several vists that the doctor seems to disregard what you decribe your pain levels to be and often has a dismissive attitude after spending less than 5 minutes with you. This after waiting over a hour past the scheduled appointment time. Follow up's are not conducted by staff. The best thing about this clinic is the front office staff and the actual treatment itself when conducted.

This Doctor Truly Does Her Job Well

Dr. Cross has always been kind to me. She understands her patients and that comes through when speaking with her. I am certainly not perfect and usually a bit needy but she always listens and helps as she can. We should all remember that the physicians who are fearless enough to treat chronic pain patients practice under intense scrutiny. Their prescribing practices and records are evaluated often and in great detail. Dr. Cross's practice would not be allowed to stay open if she did not pass these tough evaluations. She has my respect for doing it all. Thank you Dr. Cross!

Very uncaring

I had the unluck experience of having to go to Dr Cross because I was on Workers Comp and didn't have a choice. Maybe it was because I was a W/C case or not I don't know. But she talks at you not to you, avoids your questions and just talks about something else, she didn't seem to care about anything that I felt was important, she is so busy she is always canceling appts because she travels between Ancourage and Fairbanks, not to mention that when I finally got a different DR. all her DR.s notes on my file was so inaccurate possibly due to no time to update or write anything down. I would never refer anyone to her.

If you work with your pain

Sadly to say it is easy to swallow pills and go on auto pilot. Very true with chronic pain. The shock of not functioning like I used to was devastating. I have worked with my treatment. I work with the plan doctor Cross has for me. And I listen.Be honest with her. Don't you want honesty too? You sign a pain contract which says no replacement on pills in any given situation. It is a law which she abides to. She protects her hard earned medical career. BE HONEST!!

not too happy at all

I was a patient for many years, I was on many meds, very strong narcotics, I was always complient on my pain contract, she dropped me as a patient with no notice, no offer of tapering me off thesestrong narcotics, I felt that was very irresponsible, I talked to two other people this happened to also, I went through severe withdraws it took me a long time to find a doctor that would help me through this, like i said I was not happy at all!!!!!

Dr. Nancy Cross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairbanks, AK.