Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nancy L Hughes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nancy L Hughes has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Nancy L Hughes has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nancy L Hughes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I've been with Dr Hughes only for the past couple years. Now I live in Pearland & my insurance is now out of network. I've tried for this past year to find a new PCP, but it's so difficult to find a doctor who LISTENS, and just makes you feel comfortable, AND provides excellent care. I've resolved to just continue seeing her out of pocket, bc she's ruined me for anyone else. And on that note, her NP- Linda is wonderful as well. Sometimes there's a wait, but as far as I'm concerned she's giving the patient before me the same quality time & care that I'm waiting for. So I have no issue there.
Dr. Hughes has been my primary physician for nine years, and I cannot imagine not having her to take care of my health. She will give you all the time that you need for an office visit, talking to you like a friend (which she is to her patients), listening to every word that you say, and taking every step necessary to take care of every issue that you have. Prior to becoming a physician, she was an RN for many years and she kept that nurturing quality that a truly great nurse has. Totally professional with a genuine caring heart.
24 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Nancy L Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNancy Lefeber Hughes Md, 501 Holiday Dr, Galveston, TX
Dr. Nancy L Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galveston, TX.