Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nancy J Johnson
Dr. Nancy J Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockledge, FL. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital and Wuesthoff Medical Center Melbourne. She speaks English.
Dr. Nancy J Johnson has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Nancy J Johnson has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Dr. Nancy J Johnson is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Johnson suspected that I might have a rare heart disorder and seemed to completely lose interest in communicating with me after finding me to be "normal". She would not call me back or answer any questions following the testing. The only response that I received back was "your test result was normal".
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Indiana University Hospital
Dr. Nancy J Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsNancy Jean Johnson Md, 111 Longwood Ave, Rockledge, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nancy J Johnson in this video.
Dr. Nancy J Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockledge, FL.