Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nancy Joachim
Dr. Nancy Joachim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Joachim is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia, NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell and NewYork-PresbyterianColumbia. Dr. Joachim has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Nancy Joachim has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Nancy Joachim has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Nancy Joachim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Joachim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
26 Years Experience
University of California at San Francisco
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions262 Central Park W, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nancy Joachim in this video.
Dr. Nancy Joachim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.