Dr. Nancy Kuntz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Kuntz?

Great Doctor

Posted on August 9th, 2017

I brought my son to see Dr. Kuntz and I was very pleased with the visit. We went as part of the MDA clinic. To begin with we were about 20 minutes late due to getting lost in Chicago. Once we did get there everything went smoothly. We met with a couple other people before the Dr came in. She was very attentive and knowledgeable about my son's condition. As we were talking she was pointing out things they may cause problems in the future and how we would be able to combat or fix it in the future. We have seen other Neurologists and Neuromuscular doctors through Advocate Hope and Shriners (we love both hospitals) but I would have to say she is my favorite.

Excellent experience beyond our expectations

Posted on March 16th, 2016

I have to say that I was shockingly, happily surprised by our visit with Dr. Kuntz. I went in with my 9 year old son, skeptical, terrified and expecting that Dr. Kuntz would put him and us (parents) through a barrage of testing that would be anxiety provoking and not yielding of information. I assumed this would be in place of a good clinical exam and the expertise of her many years in practice and excellent education (undeniable even in the face of my cynicism!). I ASSUMED WRONG. Dr. Kuntz was personable from the get go, charming our young son and putting him at ease. She had an aura of calm which was so reassuring even before we knew what was up. I certainly picked that up and my son did too, which was relaxing for all of us. She was encouraging to him throughout a very comprehensive exam. Afterwards, she spoke to my husband and I with that same calm, relaxed manner, acknowledged our concerns and experiences and demonstrated an understanding of our son's issues that was impressive, particularly as the issues discussed were less textbook medical, and more observational and learning based. She was not in the least haughty in her discussions and gave us an enormous amount of time, despite the fact that (Thank G-d), all was well. The experience was all the good things you would want from a specialist (accurate evaluation and diagnosis presented in the assured manner of someone who knows their 'stuff') without all the things you don't want (dismissive attitude, hurried'ness, over dependence on testing in place of time spent). I fully expected to dislike Dr. Kuntz and yet, I can say that her manner was every bit as impressive as her credentials.

Posted on December 28th, 2014

Fantastic clinician, and an even better human being...

Never again

Posted on October 13th, 2014

We saw Dr Kuntz and will definitely not be going back. I waited for over a week for a lab test that would confirm my child's diagnosis. The nurse let me know the results were there and although Dr Kuntz was away from the office, she would definitely get back to me. After a few more calls, I became irate and demanded a call back. She finally did call back and was very rude! I do not recommend her to anyone!

Posted on October 9th, 2013

staff very nice. Her follow up very poor. Never got to speak with doctor after visit. Left messages with nurse, who was very nice, but told me doctor was going to get back to me. That never happened. I felt cheated. Maybe good for some people, but needs to follow through and do what she says she will, like call me back.

Great

Posted on July 24th, 2013

I absolutely love Dr. Kuntz. She helped diagnose my rare medical condition within about a few months! Usually, for people with Myasthenia Gravis, it would take up to years to find it out. I am so thankful fore her help and support. She was/is so kind to me and speaks to me as if we had known each other for ages. She is very ora is very motherly, which is soothing to me. The only thing I wish was different is our lack of "annual check ups". It is very hard to have a bit of her time due to her busy schedule. However, during my most important needs she was always there. I kind of miss that, but I guess ti's good that I don't need her much anymore. I would definitely recommend her.

Disservice to medical profession

Posted on May 19th, 2013

She lacks respect and care to pain that is outside of her immediate finding, as well as great lack of communication with patient. No attempt to "search" for diagnosis and a danger to a person in need of real help. If obvious findings aren't immediate, she only recommends psychological meds for "presumed pain." It took many long months and a different neurologist to find and treat actual pain source.

Posted on March 26th, 2013

Could not be happier to have found Dr. Kuntz. She was clear and kind regarding our son's diagnosis. She gave us hope for his future. She continues to look for ways for our son to be comfortable. What more can you ask for?

TERRIBLE, INSULTING DOCTOR. WASTE OF YOUR TIME!!

Posted on February 8th, 2013

Not only was she not helpful at all, she was insulting and demeaning in regards to my pain. She made me feel stupid for even coming and would not offer a secondary treatment plan. I do not recommend her to anyone!

Posted on February 17th, 2012

The first neurologist in Hawaii to suspect the rare AHC condition of our daughter in 1992. She took on the logistics of coordinating diagnostic procedures at the Mayo Clinic. Diagnostics confirmed AHC. The severity of this condition was significantly reduced with prescribed flunarizine. We are forever grateful.

Bad news

Posted on September 19th, 2011

This is a terrible Dr.

parent

Posted on February 25th, 2011

nice doctor with great knowledge.