More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn
Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Genetics and Pediatrics. Dr. Mendelsohn is affiliated with Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, Childrens Hospital - Minneapolis and Children's Hospital & Clinics-St Paul. Dr. Mendelsohn has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn has the following 2 expertise
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Our family has been her patients for over three years. She has always treated us with the up most respect and dignity. When she is examining our boys she makes them feel at ease and talks to them. She also makes us at parents feel respected as parents. She always shows great bedside manners before she takes the next step or invites medical personal into the room. She is a wonderful doctor to work with and we look forward to working with her in the future.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mendelsohn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Childrens Hospital St Paul
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
Childrens Health Care-Minneapolis
Childrens Health Care-St Paul
Childrens Hospital Minneapolis
Gillette Childrens Hospital
Hennepin County Medical Center
30 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Columbia
Graduated in 1987
St Louis Childrens Hospital
Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCHILDRENS HOSPITAL AND CLINICS MINNEAPOLIS, 2525 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn in this video.
Dr. Nancy Mendelsohn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.