Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline
Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Oaklyn, NJ. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Patten-Kline is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Patten-Kline has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Patten has always been kind, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable. She walks you through treatment process. She always explains medications and treatment modalities. She is always available to her patients. She really cares and works hard to help you. She is very down to earth and kind. She calls whenever you need her support. I never met any clinician that would compare to Dr Patten!!
Wonderful, knowledgeable, trustworthy doctor. Truly the best doctor I have ever seen. She is very welcoming and friendly and easy to talk to. Her office is clean and comfortable. She makes sure you understand everything (she's very good at expaining medical things in as much or as little detail as you want) and makes sure you are the main focus in decision making about your mental health, she's not just giving you meds and sending you away, she cares deeply about her patients and knows that talk therapy is vital to mental health. She replies to phone calls very quickly even when she's out of the office. She makes sure you know that you can call her any time too. Seeing Dr. Patten for the past 3 years has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Patten-Kline is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsNancy H Patten-Kline Do, 304 Newton Ave, Oaklyn, NJ
Dr. Nancy H Patten-Kline is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oaklyn, NJ.