Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nancy J Van Sloun has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nancy J Van Sloun has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Nancy J Van Sloun has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
What I remember is Dr Van Sloun looking at my very swollen and painful joints and offering nothing to relieve the pain while my condition was being evaluated. An excellent rheumatologist I finally found after a year of pointless treatment and surgery in the Park Nicollet system prescribed prednisone which began immediately bringing the swelling down and relieving the intense pain I had lived with for A YEAR. Dr Van Sloun could have made a different call at that first appointment, but hardly seemed interested in treating me, let alone easing my pain. I am giving her one star because she was there, but I don't recommend her. In fact, I recommend seeing someone else. Good doctors treat to symptoms not tests.
Dr. Van Sloun, is always pleasant. She takes the time to hear my concerns. She is very accurate in her diagnosis. I went to several doctors before I found Dr. Nancy. I had been with another Doctor, in a differnt system, for over 15 years before she retired. I was not looking forward to searching for another physician. Dr. Nacy more than meets my expectations for high standards.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Nancy J Van Sloun accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nancy J Van Sloun in this video.
Dr. Nancy J Van Sloun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.