Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nancy W Liu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
I HAD SEEN OUR FAMILY PHYSICIAN FOR YEARS, AND OVERTIME, EXPLAINED TO HIM MY SYMPTOMS WHICH INCLUDED RACING INFREQUENT HEAET BEAT,RESPIRATORY ISSUES, HIGH BP SPIKES.mY DOCTOR REASSURED ME IT WAS NOTHING, HE HAD CHECKED MY CONCERNS OUT AND IT WAS JUST "STRESS" AND I'D BE OK. A FRIEND RECOMMENDED I GET 2ND OPINION AND REFERREND ME TO DR. LIU SHE WAS VERY PATIENT, CARING, SHE LISTENED TO MY CONCERNS AND FINALLY SAID "I WILL LISTEN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS HOWEVER, DON'T WORRY I WILL FIND OUT AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT!!! GOD BLESS HER! FOLLOWING A SERIES OF TEST, SHE CALLED ME AT HOME AND TOLD ME WHAT SHE THOUGHT I HAD. AN EXTREMELY RARE CONDITION AND SHE WANTED TO PREFORM A FEW ADDITIONAL TEST. IT WAS CONFIRMED WHICH ALSO INCLUDED A HEART PROBLEMS. SHE AND CARDIOLOGIST CONFERRED AND CONTACTED ASSOCIATES AT CLEVELAND CLINIC, SENT ME FOR HEART AND CA AND HAD I NOT GONE TO HER IN TIME....I'D PROBABLY BE DEAD. SINCE THAT TIME OTHER "UNIQUE" MEDICAL CONDITIONS HAVE PRESENTED AND SHE HAD HANDLED THEM OF SENT ME TO SPECIALIST TO RESOLVE OR CONTROL. DR. NANCY LIU HAS AN EXCELLENT BEDSIDE MANNER, LISTENS, ADDRESSES ALL AREAS OF CONCERNS, NEVER MAKES ME FEEL RUSHED, AND WILL CALL ME AT HOME IF NECESSARY TO CONVEY RESULTS. SHE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO ADDRESS MY NEEDS. ALL OF HER PATIENTS THAT I KNOW, HAVE HAD THE SAME WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. KNOWING THAT WE ARE IN GOOD HANDS IS A REMARKABLE FEELING!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Kettering Medical Center
Dr. Nancy W Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNancy Wenchin Liu Md, 5250 Far Hills Ave Ste 250, Dayton, OH
Dr. Nancy W Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.