Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nancy M Westermann has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Nancy M Westermann has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Nancy M Westermann has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
She combines her clinical expertise with a genuine desire to help. She listens attentively. Although she was in able to assist us personally due to her recent move, she went out of her way to help us find high-quality, appropriate care. She even took valuable time out of her busy schedule to call us a few days later to see how we were doing. Thanks to her going above and beyond we are finally on the right track
Dr Westermann took excellent care of our Aunt for 20+ years. She was very caring, very supportive of other family members and helped us better understand our loved one's condition, so that we were able to help our Aunt manage her own care. Dr Westermann explained in detail, our family member's diagnosis, needs, and medication, effectively. Dr Westermann is/was very trusted by both our loved one, who was very satisfied with the care she received, and our family. She remained supportive and caring, until our Aunt passed away. She was equally supportive to the family, following her passing. I strongly recommend this doctor, and would contact her again, in the future.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
The Institute Of Living
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVista Behavioral Health Llc, 152 Simsbury Rd, Avon, CT
Dr. Nancy M Westermann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Avon, CT.