Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Nandini P Sharma
Dr. Nandini P Sharma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Surprise, AZ, with another office in Peoria, AZ. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Sharma is affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center and Banner Del E Webb Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Nandini P Sharma has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Nandini P Sharma has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Nandini P Sharma is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 8
I felt rushed. I felt like she did not care. She didn't invite questions & when I asked one she just said that I didn't need that but didn't offer an explanation. She wanted a follow up every month but I never received a,call with the date. Southwest kidney got my intake sheet all wrong even which side my only kidney is on . Corrected 3x & us still wrong. Saw a different dr for my 2nd visit who was leaving the practice. Was told a 3 mo. follow up with a third dr who I haven't seen yet. My blood work showed my kidney is worse but when they called me for repeat bloodwork, they only said my magnesium was low which it has been & I'm on a supplement. I was told to eat foods high in Mg. I asked if I should take more supplement & was told they would call me. They didn't. I asked what my GFR was & found out it dropped 9 points.. not told to get a scan..nothing. I will find a new place to go.
Dr. Sharma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Guntur Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Nandini P Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nandini P Sharma is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Surprise, AZ.