Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Naomi Wolman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Wolman embodies the professional one would like in a psychiatrist. Not only an excellent diagnostician and psychopharmacologist, she is also a caring person who has genuine interest in the betterment of her patients. She is very responsive to the patient's needs, promptly responds to telephone calls and works as a team player with the patient's other providers.
I have been through many psychiatrists and none was as genuinely attentive and caring as Dr. Wolman. Having both MD and PhD to her name along with many years of experience, she is current on the latest developments in the field. I trust her expertise and judgement. She is available to follow up and answer calls promptly and conscientiously. I have recommended her to others and they have all been equally satisfied with her services.
Dr. Wolman is a very elderly woman with poor English language and organizational skills. I'm sure she even has an office or properly organized practice. I tried to call several times to schedule and appointment and I only got 1 call back and it was garbled message. I tried calling several times afterwards, but never heard back from Dr. Wolman. Do not waste your time here. This doctor is not professional.
41 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Naomi Wolman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdelman Westside Mental Health Clinic, 11080 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Naomi Wolman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.