Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Naoto Ueno
Dr. Naoto Ueno, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ueno is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center and University of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Naoto Ueno has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Hodgkin Disease
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Ovarian Cancer
- Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I asked to be reassigned to a different attending, as this one was uncooperative, failed to address my concerns re: med interactions and side effects and dosages. My family couldn't communicate w/him as he refused to return to the inpatient room when they were available. The rest of the staff was appologetic for his behavior.
Dr. Ueno is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
University of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dr. Naoto Ueno accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Naoto Ueno is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.