Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Narasimha P Rao has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 28
Firstly, Axa, is the receptionist and she is wonderful! She has knowledge of everything going on and deals with patient compassionately and effectively. There are a few practitioners but mine is Dr. Rao who owns the practice. He is an elegant, professional presence, rare in my experience. He placed 2 stents into one artery and spoke to me during the procedure. This heart attack was a complete shock as I had no history, no symptoms. Gregg is his PA and is first class in every respect. He listens well, explains with authority and patience and, again, is the best. Kim is the nurse and also renders very competent service. I feel very fortunate and grateful to them all during this bumpy period.
The Desert Heart Physicians office in Palm Springs has excellent service. The people who work there are so friendly, kind, and very welcoming. From the moment you step into the office, to the moment you step out you are in a safe environment in which people truly look out for you. The receptionist Axa welcomed me with a smile, and didnt grow impatient with my many questions on the papers I filled out. The nurse was also very kind, knowledgeable and very welcoming. Dr. Rao was amazing, he was very smart, and very patient, and explained in great detail what I needed to know. Everyone in this office was so friendly and welcoming, I highly recommend this office.
Dr Rao has been a well known Cardiologist in the Palms Springs valley. His office is very modern and classy just like Dr Rao. He has been my parents heart dr for over 15 years. His staff is just as good as him. His nurse Kim treats you like family. She is very caring and COMPASSIONATE. Her sensitivity to my parents is wonderful. I dont know the name of the receptionist but she is just as sweet. I highly RECOMMEND Dr. Rao.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Narasimha P Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesert Heart Physicians Medical Group Inc, 1180 N Indian Canyon Dr Ste E319, Palm Springs, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Narasimha P Rao in this video.
Dr. Narasimha P Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Springs, CA.