Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Narayana S Ambati has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Ambati does a fair job of looking into my father's problem, although I feel that more can be done to address certain issues more promptly. The biggest issue for me is the rude, inefficient, and sometimes sloppy work of the staff. Rude and cold is more accurate. Scheduling is sometimes a nightmare. It took 3 weeks for anybody to schedule a CT. Now, I'm having to call again and again to try to schedule a surgery date that should've been done a week ago. On the last visit, the med assistant who was taking my father's vitals was incredibly rude-some 20 something year old barking orders at him as if he was a dog. She also does dishonest work, as a manual blood pressure cannot be done through a thick jacket, but she did not realize that an RN was observing her. I am seriously contemplating switching to another urology center, as my family is losing confidence and patience with this place.
I had a great experience here. The doctor is highly regarded. He is faculty at UCSF. He has a great bedside manner and I know many people who think he is a very skilled surgeon. I'm glad I was seen by him. He took care of my problem and took the time to explain to me and my family the options and pros and cons.
Dr. Ambati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Narayana S Ambati accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrology Associates of Central California, 7014 N Whitney Ave, Fresno, CA
Dr. Narayana S Ambati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.