Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Narendra Patel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Narendra Patel has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Narendra Patel has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Narendra Patel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 21
My husband went to him for nine months with severe pain nausea and weight loss. He did several tests and kept telling us he has irritable bowel None of the medicines worked and he continued to lose weight and become sicker We ended up going to Atlanta for another problem and a neuro surgeon diagnosed him in fifteen minutes and proceeded to do the right tests. The neurosurgeon palpitated his stomach and felt two large growths. My husband had just had a colonoscopy a few days before going to Atlanta and dr Patel said all was good. My husband lost thirty pounds in the time he saw dr Patel and the neurosurgeon. He had stage four cancer in his small intestine and his colon Dr Patel was surprised. When we went to the oncology surgeon he gave us a choice. Hospice that day or surgery on his day off. We opted fur surgery. Thank goodness his neurosurgeon did the proper tests
Dr. Patel is a good doctor. His staff is courteous and helpful. He has done two procedures for me and I trust his diagnosis and his treatment plans. He spends much time in talking to his patients and gets to know their every problem. Diagnosis of certain things have come along way in the past 10 years. Dr. Patel told my sister 7 years ago she had Crohn's Disease and started her on medication for it. Because of Insurance changes my sister had to change doctors. The new doctor said she did not have Crohns, so she then saw doctors at one of the best hospitals in the South East and was told she did not have Crohns. After 6 years of suffering with her condition and the new doctors telling her she did not have Crohns, she went to a new Crohns specialist who confirmed Dr. Patel's diagnosis 7 years earlier. If she had been able to stay with Dr. Patel, she would not have gone through 7 years of misdiagnosis and suffering.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Murray Medical Center
35 Years Experience
B J Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Coney Island Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGastrointestinal Specialists, 302 Point North Pl, Dalton, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Narendra Patel, MD - Gastroenterology in Dalton, GA, in this video.
Dr. Narendra Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dalton, GA.