Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Narendranath A Reddy
Dr. Narendranath A Reddy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arcadia, CA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Reddy is affiliated with Huntington Hospital and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Reddy has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Narendranath A Reddy has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Narendranath A Reddy has the following 13 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Dr. Narendranath A Reddy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Everytime when I saw him I always have to repeat myself about my insurance, why I only could have my blood taken at a certain places, so I told him that for my medicine for my thyroid medicine "I need enough I need to get it through the mail so I could get it for free because I ran out of my allowances at CVS, you know the local pharmacies , I need to get it through the mail so my insurance will give it to me for free" I thought he understood when I got the prescription I told the nurse "I needed to get through Express Scripts" The nurse Monica (who was and sympathetic and no help whatsoever) she said "oh no you have to get 3 month supply we only do two months when we adjust" I'm like "yeah but I need it for free because my insurance is going to charge me more" she's like "well let me talk to the doctor" she comes back and then she tells me "there's nothing that I could do the doctor said you will have more pills" I said but "I need to get for free my insurance is going to charge me more" so she said "let me see if you could talk to the doctor" I go into his office I sit down and he's just snapped and says "we are adjusting your medicine , I cannot give you three months" I said "but they will charge me more I need to get it for free" he says "oh no no no" and he uses his hand in a go away motion he's says "I won't hear of it" as I was trying to explain to him. and he gets up from his desk opens the door and says again "I won't hear of it" and says he's "no you need to take the prescription" so I walked out and I told the other nurse please cancel it (the appointment) she did. If you don't do what he says or you disagree with him or you can't do something due to your financial status he will snap at you he is unsympathetic and he doesn't care if you're poor. Also he is always unprepared before he enters the room. He doesn't listen. His bedside manner is beyond poor. No matter what a doctor should NEVER snap at a patient for no reason. Run don't walk away from his location. Note: I had to pay triple the amount for my thyroid meds.
When we were referred to Dr. Narendranath Reddy my husband was gravely ill. My husband had been losing weight at such a rapid pace (about 12 lbs a week), hand tremors, rapid heartbeat, tired, but unable to sleep and a general feeling of illness. Dr. Reddy gave him a thorough examination, blood work etc., saw him twice a week and placed him on medication for severe hyperthyroidism. My husbands' thyroid levels were three times higher, then the normal range. Without Dr. Reddy's expertise and care for his patients, I truly believe my husband would not have made such a fast and remarkable recovery, if at all. I cannot thank Dr. Reddy and his fabulous staff enough, for my husbands' life.
Since my first visit which dates back to 2006, he has been very concerned with my well being and accurate with my diabetic medications. I see him frequently and he is never afraid to adjust my medication dosages to gain better readings. He takes the time to answer questions and to be interested in me as a person. I have recommended him to friends and will continue to do so.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Reddy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Andhra Medical College
Graduated in 1969
Jersey City Medical Center
Dr. Narendranath A Reddy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNarendaneth A Reddy Inc, 301 W Huntington Dr Ste 327, Arcadia, CA
Dr. Narendranath A Reddy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, CA.