Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Naresh Dewan
Dr. Naresh Dewan, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dewan is affiliated with Boys Town National Research Hospital, University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy and VA Medical Center Omaha NE. He speaks English.
Dr. Naresh Dewan has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Occupational Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Dewan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VA Medical Center Omaha NE
VA Nebraska & Western Iowa Health Care System
Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital
Alegent Immanuel Medical Center
Allegent Health Community Memorial
Alegent Health Memorial Hospital
Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
St Joseph Hospital/Creighton Med Ctr
Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce
40 Years Experience
Indira Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1975
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Naresh Dewan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCHI HEALTH CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, 601 N 30th St, Omaha, NE
Dr. Naresh Dewan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.