Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Narsing A Rao
Dr. Narsing A Rao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. His specialties include Anatomic Pathology and Ophthalmology. Dr. Rao is affiliated with Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, Usc Keck Hospital and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Rao has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Narsing A Rao has the following 2 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
- Fungal eye infections
- Uveitis (Sympathetic Ophthalmia)
- Orbital Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Viral Eye Infections
- Uveitis (Posterior Uveitis)
- Eye Diseases
- Retinal Detachment
- Eyelid Cancer
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Eye Exam
- Corneal Diseases
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Uveomeningoencephalitic Syndrome
- Retinal Disorders
- Lasik Surgery
- Conjunctival Diseases
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Eyelid Diseases
- Vision Issues
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Behcet Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
We drove from out of state to see Dr. Rao. We were disappointed in his bedside manner, as well as the fact that he sent in an intern to examine my husband without our permission. Dr. Rao made recommendations without obtaining a thorough patient history, including what we had already tried. We went there to get a fresh perspective on my husband's eye condition and left feeling like we had wasted our time and money.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Narsing A Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOutpatient Surgery Center, 1450 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Narsing A Rao in this video.
Dr. Narsing A Rao is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.