Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nasreen Hamidani
Dr. Nasreen Hamidani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Western Springs, IL, with another office in Riverside, IL. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Hamidani is affiliated with Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. Dr. Hamidani has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nasreen Hamidani has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cholesterol Management
- Weight Loss
- Occupational Medicine
Showing 5 of 13
What a great Doctor. Dr Hamidani is one of the only Doctors that I have never had rush me out of the office to get to the next patient. She listens, observes, thinks, and diagnoses. I always appreciate her office staff. Her nurse Lisa is amazing, and the front desk workers always have a smile on their face. I feel very comfortable with the care I recieve from Dr Hamidani. My pnly worry is what if she retires?????????
I love dr Hamidani, she is so sweet and caring. She does not try to rush off to her next patient, she actually spends time with you, I sometimes can't understand her accent, but that is the ONLY downfall. She is excellent, and her staff is just as amazing. I have seen many doctors, worked at many doctors offices and her staff is by far the best. They are helpful, caring, funny and they make you feel important. I come for the doctor and stay because of the staff.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Hamidani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Nasreen Hamidani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nasreen Hamidani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Western Springs, IL.