Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nasreen M Kango
Dr. Nasreen M Kango, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Takoma Park, MD. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Kango is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Washington Adventist Hospital. Dr. Kango has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nasreen M Kango has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Kango took care of our mother whenever she was at Washington Adventist Hospital. She was always willing to answer our questions and come up with the best medical options for our mother. During her last time in the hospital Dr. Kango had the greatest amount of compassion for both our mother and the family working with us to make the best decisions for Mom's final days. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
I highly recommend Dr. Kango; she is a wonderful doctor who really takes the time to get to the bottom of every issue.Whenever anyone in our family has a problem she works very diligently to get to the cause, not just treat the results. She is amazing.Her staff is very kind. Michelle is helpful beyond belief, no matter how busy. Just walking in and seeing Michelle makes us all feel better! Angela also has a very nice and gentle touch.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kango is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Nasreen M Kango accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNasreen Kango Md, 7701 Carroll Ave, Takoma Park, MD
Dr. Nasreen M Kango is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Takoma Park, MD.