Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nasser S Tehrani has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Nasser S Tehrani has the following 5 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
Dr. Nasser S Tehrani has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
I have been Dr Tehrani's pt for 3 years. During that time, I have learned a few things about him. 1) He cares about us. He works his tail off; 3 14+ days seeing pts, 2 10+ hour days doing stents. 2) He takes all the time he needs with each pt. The thing is, how can he, or his staff, possibly know how much time that pt needs before talking to them. Medicine is not an exact science, if it was we'd call it math. 3) He will stay with you until he has a plan for your care and YOU UNDERSTAND IT. That is what takes time. Yes, he uses humor to attempt to put people at ease. He doesn't joke about cardio care. I believe all the above address his character not only as a great doctor, but a pretty descent person, also.
I referred my mom to him as he is close to us and she can travel easily to his office on her own. He did a cath through her wrist and she didn't have to go through the awful femoral artery procedure. She had a hard to diagnose problem and when he did the cath = and was with her - she had the symptom in front of him so he knew exactly was was going on and saved her on the table. I enjoy his humor - cardiology is a serious business if you are seeing one. He takes the edge off and spends time with you. This is the first Doctor to give out his cell phone number. Not a service - he actually answers it himself. I have called twice and he always answered. At the hospital my mom was sent to for a failed stress test - he quickly diagnosed is was a reaction to the dye. She was and is still healthy!
I believe that he is spread to thin.... Too many irons in the pot. I was scheduled for procedures and I am unable to get test results. My referring Dr. Has not been able to get the test results. He is a very nice Dr and easy to talk to but there is a time for play and a time to be serious. I want to know what is wrong with me. I went for a heart cath also and left after 11 hours of waiting on him to get to hospital. I understand emergencys happen but this was not the case this day. The nurses told me it was a misunderstanding between him and his office staff. Well don't have me wait 11 hours for that.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Tehrani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Nasser S Tehrani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNt Cardiovascular Center, 1117 Morningside Dr, Perry, GA
Dr. Nasser S Tehrani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Perry, GA.