Dr. Nathan Elson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nathan Elson?

Stay Away!

Posted on October 9th, 2013

Although Dr. Elson has stellar reviews, I urge you to read this one and greatly consider whether or not you want this doctor to be your medical advocate. I have also posted this on Yelp, which you most likely have already read. Like you, my internist recommended I see a GI doctor to address my growing concerns with my stomach. Yes, I love food. Yes, I over eat. But I know that waking up at 4:00am with a severe stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea and a fever on multiple occasions isn't because I snuck in a brownie after dinner. I have a history of contracting water-borne parasites, as I am a frequent traveler to underdeveloped areas. I know that my stomach has taken a real hit for it! Like you, I immediately searched for the best doctor in my area. I knew that I wanted to be treated with respect, but moreover, with someone who truly cared for me as a patient. From the reviews on Yelp, I was convinced that Dr. Elson was not only the doctor I was looking for, but went above and beyond my expectations. He seemed funny, kind and experienced - what more could you want? After waiting two weeks to see Dr. Elson, one of the worst experiences in my life was yet to come. Upon looking at me, every question and comment I made during our meeting was met with hostility and doubt. He had no interest in hearing my story, as according to him, he knew the answer - I'm overweight. If blanketing the problem wasn't bad enough, he went on to note that I am professionally un-credible and am "a glaring example of the bureaucratic blind leading the blind." I admit, at just over 200 pounds at 5'7", I am definitely overweight. But, does this mean that I don't have real medical problems? Does it also mean that I am obese and undeserving of his time? I can't say for sure, but surely, stating I should "get off my a-- and exercise more" can't be the correct comment to make. Further noting that my colleagues "all see me as morbidly obese, too" definitely isn't appropriate. I contacted him to tell him how offended I was by the visit, and was met with a letter in which I quote above. The last words to me in the letter was, "Here's some more sound advice for free: stop believing you're a victim, stop blaming others, and stop feeling embarrassed and helpless. Get off your a--, exercise more, eat less and lose weight. Writing letters to me as the one you send me are a waste of my time." There are many ways to approach someone with your opinion - but unless you want to be verbally abused, I urge you to look elsewhere. We, as patients, deserve better than this! Thanks for reading, and hope you feel better soon!

Great, reassuring, funny doctor.

Posted on March 20th, 2013

I had seen 2 other GI's before I found Dr. Bob. He saw me on time, (I didn't even have time to read my emails in the waiting room,) diagnosed my gallstone problem just from the pain I told him about, confirmed it with tests, and referred me to the right doctor to fix me up. He also calmed me down with humor when he saw how nervous I was. Great guy/great doctor!

I wish all docs were this good

Posted on July 26th, 2012

I am a long-term patient of Dr. Elson. His skill level and compassion set the highest standard of patient care for his profession. Dr. Elson has earned my complete trust and appreciation... he's the Dr. Oz of gastroenterology!

Posted on June 23rd, 2012

I find Dr. Elson to be an excellent care giver who has my complete trust. He is very professional and compassionate in his patient interface. He addresses both a patient's physical and emotional needs in understanding their health issues.I feel he is thurough in his evaluations, without subjecting his patients to unnecessary physical/emotional stress or financial burden.I have recommended him to a number of my friends for their health care needs.

Posted on November 14th, 2011

My colonoscopy was a breeze thanks to Dr. Elson's clear "Prep Instructions." He recommended the grape flavored magnesium citrate which was WAY better than the last prep drink. It tasted like grape soda. Dr.Elson is thorough and reassuring. Very comforting for this procedure. His surgery center staff is wonderful...upbeat and professional.

Posted on June 21st, 2011

He is the best doctor I've ever seen!

DO NOT RECOMMEND

Posted on February 26th, 2011

rude office staff, will not recommend. Stay AWAYCould not diagnose me after 3 years of numerous tests. when I switched doctor, I was cured, the first visit. UNREAL

Excellent Physician

Posted on November 4th, 2010

Dr. Elson made the most dreaded 50 year old appointment and procedure (Colonoscopy) a total breeze! He is ALWAYS on time, never rushes, explains everything in amazing detail and makes you feel like you are his only patient. My husband and I highly recommend him. Linda in his front office is also very helpful and solicitious. We can't imagine a better experience. Thank you, Dr. Elson!

GREAT DOC!

Posted on August 9th, 2010

I just had my colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures done today and I must say that Dr. Elson was just the greatest doc ever! He was kind and compassionate and helped me to relax with his extremely charming and cute personality. I had no discomfort following my procedures and I am convinced that he is a great technician as well as a great diagnostician. Even the nurses in the OR said that most of the docs they know go to Dr. Elson because he is thorough, focussed and careful. I am lucky to have him as my doctor!

Caring and Funny

Posted on February 12th, 2010

No one likes to get colonoscopies, but Dr. Elson makes sure to put you at ease with his calming but hilarious demeanor. He's never late and my appointments always start when they're scheduled for. Linda, his receptionist, is a doll. Highly recommended.

Makes Colonoscopies Fun!

Posted on August 27th, 2009

Extremely knowledgable, caring, and kind doctor with a fantastic staff behind him! Recommended 100%!

no bedside manner no follow ups

Posted on December 31st, 2008

here is one of those doctors who is just in it for the money only. he only takes cash or a check, he doesn't follow up after scaring the patient and the only follow up is his receptionist cold calling for a new appointment. DO NOT TRUST this DOCTOR

Doctor's Response

Wow! I can really feel the love from this anonymous person. If I were really like this, I wouldn't want to be my patient, either. However, looking at my other "ratings" (many with names attached,) on this, and other sites will give you a good sense of what kind of a doctor I really am. I sense that this is an unhappy individual with other issues. In fact, we accept and bill insurance for all of our patients, and I see charity patients for free. We don't ask for any payment upfront, except for (required) insurance co-pays. If I actually knew who this person was, I'd recommend some anger management classes, or calling to speak with me at my office. This approach is the coward's way of dealing with these kinds of things.