Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nathan Frost has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Nathan Frost has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Frost (then Army major)first met my family in the summer of ‘15. My son, born with cerebral palsy, had some serious obstacles. Most notable, none of the tendons and muscles were connected where they should be, and the angle his ball joint of his legs hooked into the the sockets in his hips were off by almost 20 degrees. Dr Frost explained to me a surgery that Shriner’s had been doing for decades, on kids with polio who had similar issues worked, and the success rate of the surgery. Now, I had retired from the Army just three years previous, had been in combat several times and responsible for young men in those harshest of environments. Despite all that, and that my son had undergone several lesser procedures in his short life, I was rather apprehensive. Neither downplaying my fears for my son nor assuming any kind of god complex, Dr Frost communicated that process was time tested, and had great potential for my son. He and Dr Baird (from Shriner’s in Spokane, WA) worked on my son for over six hours on each leg. He is an outstanding surgeon who takes exceptional care ofthe kids he works on, communicates clearly and concisely with the whole family, and never forgets that even the toughest, hardest (even angriest PTSD suffering) parents can be brought to psychological mush at the thought of their child in surgery, again. My whole family thinks so much of him, that we waited for after his separation from the army to link back up with him, so that he could perform the follow up surgery, removing the plates and screws from my son’s legs. To the point, he and his team are doing just that, as I write this. Should you ever find your child in need of orthopedic surgery, and you live anywhere in the Northwest, I can only hope you would make the trip to Mary Bridge Children’s hospital in Tacoma, WA. You will find NO better doc than Dr Frost
Dr. Frost is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Madigan Army Medical Center
8 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Nathan Frost accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nathan Frost is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.