Have you seen Dr. Nathan L Guerette?

Find another surgeon

Since 2011

That's how long I've been a patient of Dr. Guerette, and I've thought he and what he does are both just wonderful! In fact, I'm going back to see him soon for routine follow-up.

Awesome!

This was my first visit and I could not have been happier. I injured myself in late Feb. I could not get anyone to take me seriously. Multiple trips to the ER , various Doctors still no answers. Dr. Guerette had the answers. Berry personable and very funny. The support staff were very kind and helpful. Love them!!!!

Poorly Run Office

While Dr. Guerette is a competent, caring physician, his office is ill-managed and poorly run. I have experienced consistently long waits at appointments -- one as long as three hours -- a test result that was not read timely, causing the patient (my elderly mother) to be in severe pain for more than a week longer than necessary; and phone calls that went unreturned. For all of these things, I have rarely heard apologies and have even been treated with disdain by staff when I politely pointed out that I had been promised something that hadn't been delivered. My mother worked as support staff for physicians during my entire childhood, so both she and I appreciate how challenging it can be and make many allowances for it. But when my mother suffers because of someone else's incompetence, I am done making allowances. It's unfortunate that a physician as fine as Dr. Guerette can't or won't employ better support staff.

Pelvic Organ Prolapse

I have suffered for 5 years with pelvic organ prolapse and only recently began having severe pain. After years of dealing with this issue, it became apparent to my GYN and myself that surgery was in my best interest. She recommended Dr. Guerette (who is not affiliated with her practice). Dr. Guerette and his entire staff have always treated me professionally with compassion. Dr. Guerette examined me and listened to my concerns, reassured of me of my ‘bad mesh’ fears with minimally invasive options and the ability to live a quality life. My pre-surgery experience with him was wonderful including an appointment with Rose and the office staff was truly efficient and organized when coordinating the surgery and insurance information and details. When I arrived at Johnston Willis Hospital the morning of the surgery, I was only made to feel even more confident in my choice of surgeons as every nurse that I came in contact with pre/post surgery said that Dr. Guerette was the best. Now almost six months after surgery, I am through the main part of my healing process and I can FINALLY LIVE AGAIN. For me, Dr. Guerette’s personality and ability to cut through the stress and tension of this medical predicament that I, at age 59, have found myself in were a bonus. What I looked for in a surgeon, and got with Dr. Guerette, was a doctor to fix my pelvic issues so that I can get on with the business of living the rest of my life.

If you have or need vaginal prolapse or incontinence surgery, please see Dr. Guerette. I've struggled with these issues for so long going from Doctor to Doctor unsure who I could trust and not only did I find the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever encountered, but a highly skilled artist. A true MASTER SURGEON and he did for me what others said could never be done and corrected the mistakes made by previous surgeons. Only a very small handful of doctors can do vaginal reconstructive surgery the RIGHT WAY and he's it. His office is super friendly and really puts the care back into PATIENT CARE which is hard to find these days. In ALL respects, I am honored to have been his patient and forever grateful to him for taking away my pain and disability and giving me my life back. If you're looking for a Doctor that has a gift in vaginal surgery, will answer questions, explain in terms you will understand, and has more empathy for his patients than most then please consider what I said and call his office.

Horrible experience

I came to Dr. Guetette to repair a prolapsed bladder and a small cystocele. I came to Dr. Guerette for the repair of a cystocele and a small rectocele. First I do not feel that he adequately warned me of the complications that can occur with mesh. I had a sacrocolpopexy with mesh and that is when the nightmare began. I could not sit down for months it felt like something was sticking into me. The mesh felt so tight I could not bend over and pick anything off the floor. I kept going to Dr. Guerette and telling him that something was wrong but he would not take me seriously. I developed a yeast infection that would not go away no matter what we treated it with. I had pelvic floor muscle spasms so bad that at times I could not even walk more than a few feet. My bladder was constantly burning and in spasms. I finally found a doctor that correctly diagnosed my problem. I had the mesh removed and the necessary repairs made. The hole from my pelvic cavity into my vagina that was infected with yeast was cleaned out and repaired. The mesh that was removed was too tight and was against my bladder so tight that it had to be peeled off. As soon as the surgery was over I felt such a relief my bladder felt so much better and that tight feeling was gone. Think very carefully about letting Dr. Guerette operate on you especially using mesh. This whole experience has robbed me of a year of my life and caused me a great deal of suffering.

LPN

One of the best doctors out there !

Former PatientFor

Not a DR I would want to see again. I felt he takes very little time with you as a patient if you are an exploratory patient like I was, meaning you have a problem but haven't find the accurate etiology. I doubt he has ever even heard the term empathy. I had a difficult time working with the office staff as they stated they could not send my medical records without his permission. Last time I checked, that's illegal. My records only require my permission. Once I stated this, they said they would send them. Of course, I still haven't received them. In the future, I would see another specialist. Never again.

I found the perfect team for me!

I am a 29 year old female and I was having incontinence problems and some other concerns but way to uncomfortable and embarassed really to discuss this with my PCP or friends. I decided it was time I needed a change for myself for my life I wanted to live again without my incontinence holding me back. Long story short I was referred to Dr Gurette and it is one of the best desicions I made to schedule an appointment with him at The Female Pelvic Medicine Institute of Virginia. When walking through the door your are welcomed by a lovely staff who is caring and attentive to your needs and questions. The appointments may not always be right on time but normally move pretty quick but I wouldn't expect it any other way when we are seeing one of the best Dr.s in this field of expertise in the state. I also had many other small glitches that needed fixed and due to the skilled staff and technology available in the office Dr Gurette and his team were able to locate and diagnose everything I needed done so we could get into the car of repairing me and onto the road of recovery. If I say nothing more it would be Thank you to Dr. Gurette and his staff at FPMIofVA for helping me through each step of the way exposing all problems my body needed attending to and curing it; awakening a new me at the end of the day.

Dr. Nathan L Guerette is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Chesterfield, VA.