Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Harris
Dr. Alan Harris, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in West Boylston, MA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology, Pediatric Allergy and Pediatrics. Dr. Harris is affiliated with UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus, Saint Vincent Hospital and Health Alliance Hospitals Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Harris has the following 3 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Pediatric Allergy
A pediatric allergist and immunologist knows the immune system in and out and specializes in how your child’s immune system fights infections and outside invaders. Of course, this includes autoimmune diseases, asthma and pneumonia, but they can also treat allergic reactions to medications, environmental elements, bug bites and foods.
You might also visit a pediatric allergist or immunologist to diagnose any general breathing issues or to treat hay fever, eczema or cystic fibrosis. They can also provide proper allergy testing for children and offer advice on the best treatment options specific to your child's needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Alan Harris has the following 6 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Alan Harris has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alan Harris is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Saint Vincent Hospital
Health Alliance Hospitals Inc
Worcester Medical Center
St. Vincent's Hospital
U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
UMass Memorial Medical Center
Worcester State Hospital
37 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAlan Harris MD, 163 Prescott St, West Boylston, MA
Dr. Alan Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Boylston, MA.