Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nathaniel Bishop
Dr. Nathaniel Bishop, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Bishop is affiliated with St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Zeeland Community Hospital and Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial. He speaks English.
Dr. Nathaniel Bishop has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Ambulatory Surgical Procedures
- Colon Cancer
Dr. Bishop is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Zeeland Community Hospital
Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial
Spectrum Health United Hospital
Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital
Spectrum Health Kelsey Hospital
Spectrum Health Medical Center
Spectrum Health-Reed City Campus
Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital
10 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Nathaniel Bishop accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions100 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Nathaniel Bishop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.