Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nathaniel J Holmes has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Nathaniel J Holmes has the following 4 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Holmes did diviticular surgery on me in 2001, RWJ university Hospital, he was thorough, professional and extremely attentive with post op and follow up, I was disappointed to learn he had moved on when I had a recent serious flare up. I just found him thru a webs search and would have felt MUCH better back in Ma y when I was In for 5 days,again at RWJU. Recommend him to anyone dealing with serious intestinal issues.
I made an appointment with Dr. Holmes and got to see him right away. The waiting room at the Hudson Place facility in Hoboken was crowded, but I got in within minutes of my scheduled appointment. I had been diagnosed with a villous tumor. It was painful and this also contributed to my anxiety. Dr Holmes was great. He verified the diagnosis and went over the anatomy of the tumor and what I could expect. He was friendly, sincere and professional. He answered all my questions and gave me confidence in his ability to save my life.When I had the surgery he did just what he promised. He removed the tumor completely and stopped in afterwards to update me. He even called me by telephone a few days later when the pathological report came in which verified that the tumor was benign. While I am still recovering I have been extremely pleased with the care that I have received and the courtesy and professionalism of Dr. Holmes.
I understand that I may not have a MD, but I am well educated (I have a MBA). He has a nasty habit of talking to people as if they are a mentally handicapped 10 year old. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer with a very poor survival rate. I know that doctors must maintain a certain level of professionalism, but his bedside manner was absolutely atrocious. I was obviously upset when I heard the news and his answer to me was "Hey, I just do the surgery, I didn't invent the disease." It's concerning to me that this man is actually licensed to deal with human beings. Perhaps he should've picked another field where it required no human contact; like a vet.
31 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1987
St Vincent Health Center
Dr. Nathaniel J Holmes accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStaten Island University Hospital, 256 Mason Ave, Staten Island, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nathaniel J Holmes in this video.
Dr. Nathaniel J Holmes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.