Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nauman J Akhtar
Dr. Nauman J Akhtar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Leesburg, VA, with another office in Point Of Rocks, MD. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Akhtar is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital. Dr. Akhtar has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Nauman J Akhtar has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Nauman J Akhtar has the following 6 expertise
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Nauman J Akhtar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 63
I had shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Akhtar. He was very informative throughout the process. He spent time explaining the injuries to my shoulder (there were multiple - rotator cuff. SLAP tear, bone spurs, arthritis) and the procedures to repair them. Surgery went well, minimal pain. Currently in PT 2 weeks following surgery.
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Akhtar. He spent over 30 minutes talking to my husband and I about my diagnosis and focused on the conservative measures. After exhausting all these options, I had my hip replacement with a tiny incision and quick recovery in the outpatient setting! The process was smooth and Dr. Akhtar and his staff were there for me every step of the way. I also have to say that I am leaving a detailed comment because there seems to be one person who keeps leaving negative reviews that are the exact opposite of my experience and those of my friends and family that Dr. Akhtar has cared for.
This so called doctor stuck a knee replacement in me when I was way too young to not try even one cortisone injection. I am left crippled now because he put the wrong knee in. I've have 3 more surgeries and another implant to try to fix his damage. Please don't make the same mistake I did, don t go to this incompetant doctor who cares about$$$first!
Excellent surgeon, brlliant, compassionate, really listens to patient concerns
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Akhtar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Nauman J Akhtar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nauman J Akhtar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, VA.