Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Naureen M Attiullah has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Naureen M Attiullah has the following 16 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Naureen M Attiullah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
I am a new patient of hers and she seems to be on point. She doesn't beat around the bush and tells me how she feels about the meds I'm on. I have respect for her because she doesn't hesitate to call out the corruption of pharmaceutical companies, and the ill-advised prescribing practices by some physicians merely for financial gain. I'm sorry to hear that other patients have had some issues; but she just seems to keep it honest and real. I don't think she is trying to be malicious. She must be somewhat respected for her honesty.
I have been Dr. Attuillah's patient for over 5 years now, and I can say she is knowledgeable, professional, bright and caring. She is straight to the point, which is not the same as rude or uncaring. I had a recent crisis and Dr. Atuillah was always ready to help me. I owe her much gratitude for care and caring.
I have been on psychiatric meds for more than 15 years. My primary care doctor was not comfortable prescribing them as it's not his area of expertise. So he recommended I see someone in Dr. Zimmerman's office for medication management. I got Dr. Attiullah. Scheduling was easy. Office staff were friendly and efficient. I did not have to wait past my appointment start time. Dr. Attiullah was thorough in her questions and observations, asking my whole medication history (not just psychiatric meds but also blood pressure meds which can affect mood). She relieved some of my anxieties with her answers to my questions. She gave me insight into various aspects of my history. She was efficient and thorough. She changed my med regime and will follow up again soon. I am confident in her choice and explanation. She did her homework before I arrived, asked for clarification and additional data, and switched up one med that has properties to better meet my needs. Very happy with my experience there.
This doctor is a miserable excuse for a psychiatrist. I know she's not a therapist but I think that as a doctor in the social sciences (emphasis on social) she should show some amount of care, compassion and general interest in her patients. If all Dr. Attiullah wants to do is write prescriptions a bedside manner, compassion or general niceness is irrelevant. If she aspires to a private practice however, God help her.
Dr. Attiullah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Naureen M Attiullah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter for Behavioral & Preventative Medicine, 146 W River St Ste 11A, Providence, RI
Dr. Naureen M Attiullah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.