Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Naushad Zafar
Dr. Naushad Zafar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with other offices in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zafar is affiliated with St Lukes Baptist Hospital and Medina Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Naushad Zafar has 4 locations
343 W Houston St Ste 609
San Antonio, TX 78205
4511 NW Loop 410 Ste 104
San Antonio, TX 78229
230 Knollwood Dr
San Antonio, TX 78227
205 22nd St
Hondo, TX 78861
Book Online Now
Dr. Naushad Zafar has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Naushad Zafar has the following 25 expertise
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Renal Hypertension
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Phosphorus Metabolism Disorders
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis)
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
Dr. Naushad Zafar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Excellent Physician - Highly recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Naushad Zafar - Posted on May 6th, 2015
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Zafar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Naushad Zafar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Naushad Zafar
Dr. Naushad Zafar is a member of Bexar County Medical Center; Texas Medical Association; American Society of Nephrology. Dr. Zafar isn't accepting new patients. Dr. Zafar completed his medical degree in 1986. Dr. Zafar completed his internship at Lutheran Medical Center, NY. Dr. Zafar completed his internship in 1991. Dr. Zafar completed his residency in 1993. Dr. Zafar completed his fellowship in 1996. Dr. Zafar is board certified. Dr. Zafar is affiliated with Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hosp,Methodist Hospital,Northeast Methodist Hospital.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Naushad Zafar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.