Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Naveed S Vehra has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Vehra is one of my favorite doctors to date. I am a 46 year old woman and I've never had a doctor sit in a room and listen to everything I had to say. He was attentive and caring. Most doctors have one foot out the door the minute after they walk in. Dr. Vehra sat in a chair and listened to me until I was out of things to say and then gave me good advice, prescribed the right medication and helped me more than any other doctor with this type of problem. I sit at a desk all day and have done so for almost 27 years. I have chronic back and neck pain that lasts for months without subsiding. With the medication he prescribed, the pain was gone in about 2 weeks and hasn't returned for 3 months. I have never been this long without pain. I highly recommend Dr. Vehra.
I went to see Dr. Vehra after my primary found an abnormality on my brain. Dr. Vehra said it was a cyst that was from trauma. I explained to him over and over that I had no trauma to that part of my head and wondered what else would be causing my symptoms and the cyst. He dismissed the cyst and said it was nothing to worry about and wrote me a prescription for my symptoms. While waiting a couple weeks for my second opinion at the Mayo clinic I was hospitalized for a mini stroke and when they did an MRI and CT scan they verified this so called "cyst" was an old stroke and not a cyst. Thankfully I am working with a great group of dr's now to find out whats causing these strokes but I will do everything in my power to make sure people do NOT see Dr. Vehra. I could have saved myself money, time, and permanent life damage.
I tried to get an Rx refilled, but was tossed around in the automated phone system, with various staff member's recorded messages quite laughable in how they tell you call back and find what you are looking for in the main menu, which does not have what they tell you to look for ("our menus have changed..."). The Rx refill department apparently pushes all callers to voice mail which is checked at the end of the day, according to their message. Of course, they will be upset if patients are rude to them.
Dr. Vehra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1996
University Of Alabama Medical Center
Dr. Naveed S Vehra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Neurology, 6677 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg D, Glendale, AZ
Dr. Naveed S Vehra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.