More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Naveen S Mahmood has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Naveen S Mahmood has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Naveen S Mahmood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 8
Dr. Mahmood has been my daughter's pediatrician for over an year now. She is very patient with us and is always ready to answer our numerous questions. She puts us at ease with her impeccable bedside manners, and is always willing to work with us on the best course of action for our child. To top this, getting an appointment is very straightforward and she is always available in case of an urgent situation; and excellent in responding to email communication as well! Her clinic is not close to our home, however, we would certainly not consider seeing any other pediatrician!
Dr Mahmmod has been my daughter's pediatrician since she was a little over a year old. My daughter is now 9 years old. I have had a wonderful experience with Dr Mahmood. She is very friendly, courteous and has great bedside manners. She always puts my daughter at ease. She is a very good doctor and we are extremely happy with her. I would recommend her to any one.
Lacks the professionalism one would expect from a doctor. Speaks far too quickly for a parent to absorb all of the information she gives. Even though she may stop and ask if you have more questions, there is a rushed feeling with her that makes processing info difficult. She does not explain herself well, leaving out huge pieces of information and is dangerously unreliable, to the point that she put my child's health at risk.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
- University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Dr. Naveen S Mahmood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSAN CARLOS CENTER, 301 Industrial Rd, San Carlos, CA
Dr. Naveen S Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Carlos, CA.