Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Naveh Levy has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Was visibly nervous about biopsy procedure and wanted husband to accompany me. Was told he could be there for ultrasound, but not procedure due to "sterile field." When husband ordered to leave the room, I had a panic attack and hyperventilated. Dr. Levy effectively threw gasoline on the fire by yelling at me to "calm down" and "breathe slowly" and then said he'd have to stop the procedure (which would have been fine with me). He then told an assistant to "get the husband" at which point my husband returned, I calmed down and biopsy proceeded without incident with my husband present. While I'm sure many patients go through this procedure without the level of anxiety I experienced, a patient who is already anxious/panicked needs additional consideration. My panic/anxiety attack could have been easily avoided had Dr. Levy listened and accommodated the initial request for my husband to be present. A relatively simple procedure turned into a traumatic ordeal because the doctor refused to listen to a patient who knew exactly what was needed to remain calm/avoid panic attack. Dr. Levy may be a good doctor, but this was a nightmare experience all around.
15 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Naveh Levy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- First Health PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsXra Medical Imaging-Cranston, 65 Sockanosset Cross Rd, Cranston, RI
Dr. Naveh Levy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cranston, RI.