Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Navinchandra T Parekh has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Navinchandra T Parekh has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Navinchandra T Parekh has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
After being released from an ER visit and being told to follow up with a Gastroenterologist. I selected Dr. Parekh from my list of network specialists and looked him up on line and saw that he was taking in new patients. I called Dr. Parekh's office and confirmed that they accepted my insurance and that Dr. Parekh was taking new patients and was even told that I would likely be able to get in to see Dr. Parekh within a couple of weeks. I then made and paid for a visit to my primary doctor 3 days later and got a referral to see Dr. Parekh. I called Dr. Parekh to schedule an appt and was told that the lady that schedules appts was on another line and she would call me back. No one called back. The next day I called back and spoke with the appt scheduler adn was told she would call me back. She didn't call back. The next day, I was called back and was told that Dr. Parekh was not taking in any new patients. I told her that just a few days earlier, prior to obtaining my referrel that I was told by her office that he was taking new patients and that is why I went to my Dr. and got the referral and that now I would have to select another doctor and pay for another visit to my primary Dr. and wait for another referral and she just said "I'm sorry". I think this was for the best. Better to find out now that they change their stories than after I become a patient. I will no doubt have a better experience with another Gastroenterologist.
Dr. Parekh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Goa Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Navinchandra T Parekh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNavinchandra Tribhovan Parekh Md, 601 Omega Dr Ste 201, Arlington, TX
Dr. Navinchandra T Parekh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.