Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Navnit K Kundra has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Holter monitoring
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Sexual Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Kundra has one of the biggest hearts of any person he's met - he's dedicated his life to helping his patients however he can. I used to work in Dr. Kundra's office and the stories I would hear from patients were incredible. He's nursed so many people back to health, and more importantly given them a sense of vitality and optimism that go way beyond any doctor. You will wait a while for Dr. Kundra, because he takes a long time with each patient. The current average time a doctor spends with a patient is 7 mins. Dr. Kundra (and even his wife, who is an internist) will take around 30-45 minutes regularly. Dr. Kundra always talks fondly of his patients and has a great philosophy on life. He really just wants the best for everyone.
Dr Kundra was my assigned pulmonologist at Mease Countryside when I was admitted with 50lbs of fluid retention. He flit in and out of my room late in the evening usually after 10pm He would come in, say 1 or 2 sentences about my CO2 and was gone before I could ask a question. Once he kept walking when I did manage to speak before he left. Dr Kundra acted like he didn't hear me at all. I would have to buzz the nurse and ask her/him what Dr Kundra put in the report just so I knew what was happening. Not sure I am going to follow up with him in a few days but if I do I will add more comments. As of right now, I would not recommend Dr. Navnit Kundra to anyone.
Dr. Kundra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Navnit K Kundra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBay Area Medical Center, 2595 Tampa Rd Ste S, Palm Harbor, FL
Dr. Navnit K Kundra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Harbor, FL.