Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Navtika R Desai has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I do not like this lady at all. I had my first visit with her after finding out a had a thyroid problem from my physician. Seeing her was a waste of time and money. She did nothing for me and didn't want to listen to what I had to say. She just said my problem is from weight gain and to see a nutritionist. I do not like her at all. She has a rude tone and when I told her I was confused she would say "that's not what I'm asking you". I do not reccomend her to anybody. She is a total waste of your time and money.
This is truly the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. Saw me for about 2 minutes (not even) and gave me NO feedback. NOTHING. I have been dealing with a traumatizing issue for 4 years and finally went to an endo for NO compassion, NO answers, and really NO attention. If I could file a complaint that she should not get paid for my visit, I would- but it is more hassle than its worth.
The doctor seems attentive when you first become a patient but as time goes by you spend more time in her waiting room approximately 25 mins and she sees you for about 5 mins. Your questions and concerns seem to fall on deaf ears but she does adjusts your meds to achieve what is considered normal with respect to the numbers.
I literally went to this doctor 3x (Graves Disease Patient) and will never go back! She has a fee for everything and I mean everything! Twice I made appts and when they call to confirm your appt and you try to reschedule,there is a fee for that! They got me twice for that and I told them on the phone that for this, I am never coming back.
17 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Navtika R Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Radiology Group, 105 Raider Blvd, Hillsborough, NJ
Dr. Navtika R Desai is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Hillsborough, NJ.