Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nazanene H Esfandiari has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Diabetes, Type 2
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Showing 5 of 10
I was concerned about my inability to lose weight even though I was exercising 5x a week & on a low fat/low cal (1500 a day) diet. This doctor was rude and refused to do any testing. I paid hundreds of dollars for her to belittle me and tell me to eat a low fat/low carb/low sugar diet and only consume 1000 -1300 calories a day. This starvation diet made me gain weight and feel horrible. I ended up unable to continue the diet. A year later I saved up to see a diff specialist about something else & she had my fasting glucose tested. Turns out I'm insulin resistant and needed medication. Dr Esfandiari, as an endocrinologist, should have tested for this, but didn't. So, instead of getting a correct diagnosis I was given a fad diet without realistic expectations. Do NOT trust this woman, she is an idiot.
Dr. Esfandiari is a wonderful doctor who exhibits professionalism and dedciation to her career. She is the most caring, trusting and understanding Doctor I have even encountered. Her knowledge and expertise puts patients at ease knowing their health concerns are in her hands. For anyone with thyroid or diabetes concerns, Dr. Esfandiari is the doctor to go to. She truly is a wonderful doctor. Thank you, Dr. Esfandiari.
Dr. Esfandiari is an exceptionally dedicated physician. She always reads my chart thoroughly before any visits, follows up with test results, listens and answers my questions, and always uses the latest and best practices. she is knowledgeable and can always back up her opinions with research and experience.I cannot name another physician that I trust and respect more than Dr. Esfandiari. She is one of the best physicians in the University of Michigan health System. Both my wife and I go to her (driving 1 hour) and I have recommended her to colleagues that have had similar experiences.As a patient, I give her my highest recommendation
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Umass Medical School
Dr. Nazanene H Esfandiari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Nazanene H Esfandiari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.