Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nazish Ahmad has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nazish Ahmad has the following 14 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Colon Cancer
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
Showing 3 of 4
Best Dr. Ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nazish Ahmad - Posted on September 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nazish Ahmad - Posted on April 13th, 2016
After a disastrous experience with my 1st doctor, when first diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, I met Dr Ahmad in ICU at the hospital at my request for a new doctor. From our first meeting, she listened to my concerns. I started on what is the standard of treatment, as soon as the response wasn't as expected, she called me in to start a different type of treatment & this treatment has greatly improved my condition. It is reassuring to know she stays on top of your case. She is competent, capable, considerate, & compassionate, and I trust her abilities to help me manage my condition.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nazish Ahmad - Posted on December 22nd, 2015
Dr. Ahmad is a kind and compassionate physician. She took the time to explain my breast cancer treatment plan and why she had chosen certain drugs vs. others. She answers all of my numerous questions thoroughly and is patient with all that ask. At times when I was down, she brings a bright smile and reassuring words. I researched 3 other medical oncologists and knew that I would have a long-term relationship with my doctor (at least 5 years) so I wanted someone that I felt would stay on top of the medical advancements, cared about her patients, and would always look out for my best interest. I chose wisely.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
10 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Dr. Nazish Ahmad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPALO VERDE HEMATOLOGY ONCOLOGY, 7373 N Scottsdale Rd Bldg E, Paradise Valley, AZ
Dr. Nazish Ahmad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Paradise Valley, AZ.