Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neal D Hillman
Dr. Neal D Hillman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Vascular Surgery and Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Neal D Hillman has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Neal D Hillman has the following 11 expertise
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Dr. Neal D Hillman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
31 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Neal D Hillman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsNeal Douglas Hillman Md, 230 Michigan St NE Ste 100, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neal D Hillman in this video.
Dr. Neal D Hillman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.