Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Neal F Kassell has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Brain Ischemia
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Brain Tumor
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Surgery
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Critical Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
46 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Neal F Kassell accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Virginia Medical Center, 1215 Lee St, Charlottesville, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neal F Kassell in this video.
Dr. Neal F Kassell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.