Dr. Neal M Kurzrok Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Neal M Kurzrok?

Great Doctor

I took my 87 year old mother to Dr. Kurzrok and could not have been more impressed. Starting with his lovely receptionist Yvette and then to Dr. Kurzrok himself, things could not have gone better. Dr. Kurzrok was extremely patient with my mother and was very clear, knowledgeable and thorough throughout the visit and examination. My mother needs some additional testing and in each case he took the time to explain them. We were in with him a long time, he answered all our questions and at no time did we feel rushed. In addition, my mother and I arrived a bit early and he and his staff were so accommodating that he actually saw us a few minutes before her scheduled appointment. I would highly recommend him.

Terrible Bed Manners

I was not pleased with the service I received from this doctor. He was very arrogant and quick tempered. He doesn't give you an opportunity to explain your self before he interrupts you and for that reason I will no longer seek advise from him nor will I refer any one to see him.

bad bedside manner

His bedside manner was definitely lacking. At several times during the visit I felt he was behaving in a very condescending way. He ended up referring me to another doctor, and when I made another appointment with him about a year later for a completely different issue, he cancelled the appointment, making the assumption I wanted to be seen again for the same reason. Worse, he never followed up on labs that he ordered on that one initial visit. While most were normal, one screening test was positive for Lyme disease antibodies. This alone would have been reason for a follow-up appointment with him. Finally, as a physician myself, I do not recommend this physician.

Highly recommended

Dr. Kurzrok is the best. Last year I came down with a series of unexplainable, debilitating symptoms. Urgent care and emergency room doctors couldn't figure out what was going on with me. I kept getting worse. My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Kurzrok the week before Christmas. He was on his way out of town on vacation but managed to arrange for me to have test done and meet him at his office at 7 am. That very morning, he made a diagnosis and sent me to the hospital. The whole experience would have been horrible had I not had him as my doctor. Even over the holiday, he called to check up on me. Together we made decisions about the best course of treatment. And today I'm healthy and managing things very well. Dr. Kurzrok is straightforward, concerned, and aggressive when it comes to giving his patients the best possible care. He's compassionate and attentive when you need it, too. And his staff is AWESOME! I highly recommend him.

This man saved my life!After enduring 7 months of debilitating headaches, nausea, vomiting, vision changes, vision blackouts and having doctor after doctor tell me I "just had migraines" I finally found Dr. Kurzrok. He listened to my concerns and did a through exam. After a rather simple eye exam where he could see severe swelling of my optic nerves (all he did was look into the back of them, why had no one else done that?) he immediately sent me for an MRI where I was diagnosed with a large brain tumor. After this was found Dr. Kurzrok, with my best interests at heart, suggested I get myself to a major neurosurgical center like John's Hopkins, that would be more experienced with the treatment I needed. I was admitted to Hopkins neuro intensive care unit the next day. One week later I had life saving brain surgery to remove the 4x6 cm tumor (slightly larger than a golf ball). Dr. Kurzrok continued to check up on me during and after I was hospitalized and we have kept in touch ever since. While I continue to be followed at Hopkins I give Dr. Kurzrok the most credit for listening to me and not brushing me off as simply having migraines.As a nurse for three years I can honestly say I do not think I have ever worked with a doctor who cared about his patients as much as Dr. Kurzrok. I was also especially impressed that he took my blood pressure manually (something I have never seen a doctor do...and I work in a cardiac unit)!I would recommend Dr. Kurzrok to anyone seeking a neurologist, he is truly a man who cares about the patients he treats.

Brigittte Powell

Dr.Kurzrok accurately diagnosedmy problem; he is very kind andcaring while being very professional and thorough in hisexamination. I would not go toa different neurologist althoughI do not like to drive to Washington, DC!

Dr. Neal M Kurzrok is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.