Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Neal M Shipley has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Neal M Shipley has the following 4 expertise
Dr. Neal M Shipley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 11
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Neal M Shipley
An emergency physician for more than 17 years, Dr. Shipley is board certified in both Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. He served as Chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at New York City%u2019s North General Hospital and the Jersey City Medical Center. He was Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine and Director of Quality and Patient Safety for the Department of Emergency Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He is a graduate of Princeton University and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. A father of three boys, Dr. Shipley understands the need for urgent care without the long wait and high cost of emergency rooms. Dr Shipley has been featured or quoted in several publications including Marie Clare Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Real Health, First for Women and many more.
Locations & DirectionsURGENT CARE MANHATTAN, 199 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neal M Shipley, MD - Emergency Medicine in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Neal M Shipley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.