Dr. Neda Heidari Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Neda Heidari?

OK

Posted on July 26th, 2017

She is very nice and competent. Very charming. Her office assistants are short and quite rude. They make errors. For example a prescription was meant to be picked up at the front desk. It wasn't there. One small quirk is that she likes to do nerve conduction tests. Unnecessary and expensive. But she's pretty good, considering the lowish quality of other Neurologists.

Dr. Heidari is great

Posted on July 13th, 2017

The doctor is great and prescribed me medicine to help me with my migraines. Once she changed office her billing system changed and her office no longer accepted my FSA card and it became a problem and every time I tried to get an itemized statement from the office/billing department it would take forever so some of my claims wouldn't get covered. The staff is rude sometimes and not helpful. I don't want to leave the Dr. but it's not working out with the billing situation.

Unprofessional and Incompetent Staff

Posted on May 16th, 2017

I first saw Dr. Heidari in Oct. 2014 for an issue I had with my leg. Was wobbly and kind of dragging. Lasted for approx. 14 days. She initially checked me for a stroke and ordered MRI of Brain, MRA, and C-Spine. She looked at the 1st MRI of the brain and stated that she thought I had MS. She said that the C-spine would confirm it. C-spine report came out "hazy" in other words, they weren't too sure that there were lesions in my core. She told me that she didn't want to put me through a spinal tap and that she was pretty sure it was MS but said, it was mild. She was hesitant to start me on medication right away. She said come back in about 8 months and do another MRI and C-spine to see if there were any new lesions. When I did that , the report indicated NO NEW LESIONS IN BRAIN. The C-spine again this time really didn't show anything. I came back 8 months later, and she didn't even remember me, and was looking at my new results as we were sitting there. She never bothered to look at them before she saw me. I thought she would be happy, because I was excited that there were no new lesions in brain and C-spine didn't show any ! Then she started pushing the DMT medications on me after she saw report ! I told her that she told me that my case was "mild" and she corrected me and said "moderate" ! I felt she was pushing meds on me and I didn't feel comfortable with her diagnosis. She was looking for a spinal tap that she never ordered and I told her so. I reminded her that she said she was 100% sure I had MS and didn't feel that it was necessary. She said "oh, right". When I asked her if I should do another MRI next year, she said to me: "why bother, you'll be wasting your money" since you don't want to start the medication ! Then she said "good luck" and walked out of the room ! She is incompetent, quick to diagnose, and very snooty. He ego is way too big and she is not very compassionate. It's her way or the highway. Here is the kicker. Recently I went to see another neurologist and he did a physical and said, that he did not think I had MS even though I had brain lesions. I have had migraines for several years and he said that doesn't prove I have MS because I have lesions. He ordered a spinal tap, and low and behold, he said you do NOT have MS ! If I would have listened to her, I would be on these heavy duty meds with side effects for nothing. For two years I walked around thinking I had MS. Horrible ! She had me do two EEGS, because one was "lost". She seemed to want to do a lot of tests. She mentioned that I had a bulging disc in my neck and ordered physical therapy, which I did. Her office staff is incompetent. It literally took almost 3 months to get an order from her and her staff to take to the therapist ! My first visit by the way was cancelled and they did not let me know ! It was so hard to get anybody to order the MRIs from Grossman for me. I had to call them to confirm. Her office was very hard to communicate with. DO NOT see this woman ! Go anywhere else if you want an accurate diagnosis. Her ego is huge! She is all about the money, I believe.

I would not recommend this doctor . Her office staff has changed over several times since I started there and in itself maybe not that important however they'll so help with gathering patient information an you spend alit or time waiting in anempty office. I found the MD to be in a hurry states she spends more time than she does with you . If you need to talk to her she does not return calls and I was told to make an appointment . At one appointment I was waiting for her to finish the sppointment some test results were being faced from another md to her office . Which I called from her office to get faxed! She started seeing another patient and that was it for me . She had her office receptionist finish the sppointment in her waiting room which when I said that wasn't appropriate I was told she is busy you can wait but it will be awhile .I paid out of pocket and naybe that was the problem she wasn't able to rack up the bill with unnecessary test. She told me I had the same neurological. Problem as my brother which is like MS then said she no idea maybe just some physical therapy and disgusted the test I did have by a md that took my insurance take a muscle relaxant / pain reliever and see me in s month. We will just over lo of the incontinence, double vision , neuropathy,drop foot , balance issues , muscle weakness. It has been at least 3 weeks and I have called her several times and spoke to her staff which seem to be as inconpetent as she is . No I would not and am not going to her again .

Posted on March 25th, 2017

Highly knowledgeable Neurologist with a caring skilled approach to the patient care she provides

Posted on February 10th, 2017

Dr Heidari has always ensured that she provides me with the best care and information possible. After years of frustration and multiple misdiagnosis by multiple specialists who did not put all of my symptoms together and instead looked at only one symptom and focused on the treatment of that symptom. I was finally validated and relieved to receive my diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis from Dr Heidari. Even though it is not the diagnosis you want to hear it allows you to start a treatment plan that can help your symptoms. Dr Heidari had always made me feel I am integral in making decisions regarding my treatment and care and that my feelings are important as well.

Totally INCOMPETENT office staff!

Posted on November 4th, 2016

Went to Dr. Heidari for a consultation appointment! Was very impressed with the doctor...no problems with Dr. Heidari. It's her office staff that is totally incompetent. Saw doctor in early September, Dr. Heidari requested several diagnostic tests which need to be authorized by my insurance. After waiting a few weeks, I called the office for status of authorizations. First they told me that they didn't accept my insurance; then they told me that I needed authorizations (duh); then they told me that my requests for authorizations would be done that very day (apologizing profusely). I call today and got the same story...nothing has been requested. Again they apologize; she is on the other phone ("as we speak") requesting authorizations! This staff is not getting trained to do their job and no one is following up to assure the work is getting done. Obviously, I cannot rate diagnosis since office staff cannot follow through by getting paperwork done.

Staff Incompetent

Posted on October 26th, 2016

The reason I gave a 1 is how lacking her office staff is in communication and knowledge with sending patients for testing using appropriate codes to be covered. at initial visit detailed history was a communicated, preferred pharmacy of choice was given and still on two occasions RX were not directed to the appropriate pharmacy. Dr. is Great however staff is a major role in keeping a provider.....

Unprofessional

Posted on October 20th, 2016

This is such a unprofessional office! In my life of going to doctors this one takes the cake! I've called for the billing dept. at least 6-7 times regarding my mom's $2400.00 bill .. left messages and no one ever calls back . I'm done !

Posted on August 9th, 2015

she is real professional with accurate diagnosis

Best Neurologist Ever!!!

Posted on July 11th, 2015

Dr. Heidari has helped cure my migraines! I started getting terrible migraines a couple of years ago. My GP would not prescribe Imitrex. He told me to "figure out the cause". A friend recommended I see a neurologist. I yelped neurologists in Ventura and found Dr. Heidari. She did some bloodwork, some testing, and we discovered it was hormonal. She gave me Topomax and that has stopped the migraines completely. I can function and I feel fabulous. Thank you, Dr. Heidari! You are a saint! I'm so glad I found you!!

Shame on you

Posted on March 18th, 2015

The worst experience ever. Left hanging had appointment arrived only to be told moved. No call, nothing. Kept calling number, no answer. Help must take lessons on being rude. Apparently relocating office. But did not make arrangement for another doctor to take her calls. Very bad experience. Will say dresses terrific and has great selection of jewelry.

patient

Posted on December 19th, 2014

I was seen by 2 other older neurologist in the area and got diagnosed with neuropathy for my numbness and weakness and after two year I developed more weakness and numbness , I was referred to Doctor hedari for a third opinion as soon as she did my exam she said I have MS not neuropathy ,I was shocked and doubtful as my other neurologist never checked my brain with MRI and just did nerve test and diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy , but after MRI of my brain and neck spine and spinal tap ,my diagnosis was confirmed , and she kindly offered me to go back to the referring doctor to continue treatment for my new diagnosis . she is knowledgeable and very thorough , I highly recommended her . I am glad we have her in ventura county .