Dr. Neel R Desai Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Neel R Desai?

Cataract replacement

Losing my general cataract doctor/surgeon (due to insurance), I was hesitant to pick a new one. Because of insurance problems I have not been able to see a specialist for a year. Which resulted in a corneal rejection and corneal ulcer. Many surgeons would look at my trauma file and look away ( I am one with quite a history of procedures). Which only caused me too worry more and to find the best experienced doctor. Reading these good reviews, I decided to make the step to call and it was the best choice I have made. I called on a Friday to find out he was booked 10 weeks out, though with my situation he made room to see that following Monday. Dr.Desai was gentle (which believe me, not all doctors are) and informative. He does not sugar coat facts and will tell you the chances of success. Even though he is just replacing the cornea, he is going that extra mile to tune up the lens, iris and shunt. I have full trust in him and his abilities and I would recommend anyone to him.

Find another doctor...

This office makes you wait quite a while and Dr. Desai seemed rushed and not very personable.

The best eye surgeon ever!

Look no further!!

Awesome personality. Genuine. Kind. Caring. Knows your name. Just had my cataracts done. Simple procedure. No discomfort. Back to 20/20! He's the best!!

Registered Nurse (Emergency Room)

I just recently had Lasik surgery with Dr. Desai and I would recommend him to everyone I know. He had wonderful bedside manner, he took time to explain things and made the surgery extremely easy and calm. He talked me through the whole procedure while it was being done. He went over all the follow up instructions and even saw me on a Saturday after the procedure was completed. I have wanted Lasik for the longest time and I am so please with the outcome and with Dr. Desai.

Dr. Desai has been the only physician to correctly diagnose and correct the vision problem that I had for more than two years - I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a highly skilled, compassionate and caring physician to treat their vision issues.

Excellent Doctor!

He is a very intelligent doctor with an awesome bedside manner. I researched several clinics and doctors in the Pinellas area before making The Eye Institute of West Florida and Dr. Desai my choice for cataract and laser surgery. They are very thorough with obtaining background medical information and interviewing a patient like me with an acute disease. This was a priority for me. I have referred half a dozen new patients to him already.

Excellent...

I met with Dr. Desai as a referral from my glaucoma specialist, Dr. William Layden ( who by the way is also excellent.). Dr. Desai was not only thorough in his test procedures and examination, but he was courteous, compassionate, and comprehensive in his consultation with me. His communication skills concerning my specific case were excellent and I did not feel rushed when he was conferring personally with me. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking his particular expertise and although I have not had a surgery performed by him, I feel comfortable in stating that if his geographic proximity to me was closer, I would consult him for the particular surgical procedure..I appreciate all that he did for me.

Dr. Desai is a kind, patient and extremely caring doctor!

Great doctor!

Dr. Desai was thorough and patient with all my concerns. I could have not asked for a better experience!

An amazing doctor and a fantastic experience!

As soon as I walked into Dr. Desai's office, I felt taken care of by each staff member. After seeing and speaking with Dr. Desai many of my worries were put to rest. He is not only highly qualified and intelligent but his caring and compassionate attitude made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Desai is a truly talented professional. I will be recommending him to all of my friends and family!

Lense Replacement Surgery

I recently had clear lense replacement surgery and astigmatism correction performed by Dr. Neel Desai at the Eye Institute of West Florida in Largo. Dr. Desai gave me complete confidence that I would be satisfied with the result of this surgery and he backed up the multi-focal lense with a life-time guarantee. You are greeted at the door when you walk in, the front desk personnel greet you when you get in line no matter how long the line is, someone offers you refreshments in the waiting room, someone guides you to the checkout desk on your way out, and the door greeter greets you again as you go out the door. I felt like I was at a luxury medical resort. I highly recommend the Eye Institute of West Florida and Dr. Desai. If I need any more treatment for my eyes I will go to Dr. Desai.