Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neel L Shah
Dr. Neel L Shah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Missouri City, TX. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shah is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Neel L Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 4 of 4
Wasted 6 months of my life. My friend recommended Dr.Shaah as she knew I had several health issues. So I waited forever to see the best. I thought he wanted to help me. He ran some tests that took like 3 weeks to get someone to tell me everything is fine.Went again 3 months later and he said everything is fine, you just need diet pills and dermatologist. I am highly offended. He said if there is any other tests to run let him know. So I did. It took 5 days to get anything back, and he said these tests are not necessary. I want my money and 6 months back. I know he is wrong. I even spelled out specific tests and he just blew me off. I think he should take a few minutes and research instead of see how many more patients he can get through and make more money on.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Neel L Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Neel L Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.