Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Neerja Misra
Dr. Neerja Misra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trenton, NJ. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Misra is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Misra has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Neerja Misra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Neerja Misra has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Neerja Misra has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I visited her office in 2015 for a annual physical. As part of questionaire about health, I put in concerns that I had, like frequent headaches etc. After a while I get a bill for office visit. When I talked to the office they said yes insurance covered for physical and blood tests but since I talked about my other concerns this now falls under a separate office vist, i.e they are considred 2 office visits on the same day. They refused to give my blood report and keeps on billing me for a 2nd visit
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Misra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University
Graduated in 1978
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Neerja Misra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsQuick Care Medical, 2279 Highway 33 Ste 518, Trenton, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neerja Misra, MD - Internal Medicine in Trenton, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Neerja Misra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trenton, NJ.