Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neeta S Pohani MD
Dr. Neeta S Pohani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newberry, FL. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Neeta S Pohani has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Neeta S Pohani has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neeta S Pohani - Posted on April 2nd, 2019
Find a new doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neeta S Pohani - Posted on October 11th, 2014
I don't know i was very skeptical to look for a doctor because pohani's does not seem very real. I feel like looking at her review, there are people that love her or there are people that hate her. either the patient reviews are not real or she is bipolar. Anyway, I should have not went there. She asked me too many personal questions and I did not feel comfortable especially when they told me to take an ekg there and they didn't give me a gown. I did not like how when I recommended a medication, she almost shut me down. The overall experience was a big waste of time. I think that her husband needs to realize that he is only a employee and should not put his foot into my health. I just feel like he was very rude and intruding. I do not know if it is the cultural differences but I know I will not be going there because she takes too long. It is not that I talk to doctor pohani for hours but it is that I am waiting for her for hours. Anyway, I am going to somewhere in gainesville.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neeta S Pohani - Posted on August 2nd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neeta S Pohani - Posted on August 14th, 2012
Neeta seems nice enough, but performs unneeded tests and bills insurance heavily. So many co-pays just to get the right prescription. The waiting room office shows signs of water damage and mold on the ceiling tiles. Her husband who works as reception is rude and will eventually bring the practice to a close. He has informed me to see another doctor because I questioned the amount of co-pays I had to pay out of pocket for the same issue (blood pressure pill perscription renewal).Had an infected toe and she issued the wrong/useless antibiotics. I went to a specialist and was told that what dr pohani gave me does nothing for my infection. 3 days later, after seeing a specialist, I was cured.I feel sorry for them. But want to inform others before they end up losing hundreds of dollars like myself.Look elsewhere. You can do better than this "doctor".
Self-verified patient of Dr. Neeta S Pohani - Posted on July 17th, 2012
34 Years Experience
University Of Al Fateh
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Neeta S Pohani Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPOHANI MEDICAL CENTER, 19913 W Newberry Rd Ste A, Newberry, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Neeta S Pohani, MD - Internal Medicine in Newberry, FL, in this video.
Dr. Neeta S Pohani is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newberry, FL.