- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Negar Golesorkhi MD
Dr. Negar Golesorkhi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lorton, VA, with other offices in Baltimore, MD and Arlington, VA . She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Surgical Oncology and Surgery. She speaks English and Persian (Farsi).
Dr. Negar Golesorkhi has 3 locations
8988 Lorton Station Blvd Ste 103
Lorton, VA 22079
Book Online Now
Dr. Negar Golesorkhi has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Negar Golesorkhi has the following 4 expertise
- Nipple Discharge (Galactorrhea)
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
Showing 2 of 2
One Lucky Patient!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Negar Golesorkhi - Posted on December 12th, 2014
From the moment I met her, Dr. Golesorkhi was positive and supportive. She listens to you. She works with you to make sure you understand your options which can help you manage expectations. She is very smart and definitely and expert in her field. I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Negar Golesorkhi - Posted on May 31st, 2011
I would recommend finding a surgeon with more experience. Dr. Golesorkhi is very professional, well-intentioned, and I believe that she cares. That said, she did not offer me treatment options that I was comfortable with and told me that other alternatives I wanted to pursue were unrealistic for me. I eventually switched to a surgeon who gave me more options, and we ended up with great results. I did one surgery with Dr. Golesorkhi and my subsequent procedure with a different surgeon. The latter surgeon pointed out things that should have done differently during the first surgery. I wish I had gone to her first.
I hope all is well. Truly sorry if your experience with me was suboptimal. I am glad you have found a surgeon that fitted your needs and hope that this is all behind you. Second opinion is every patient's right and should be pursued if they have questions. I support you in your decision. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in the future. Thank you for the comments, I have taken them to heart. with regards, NG
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Thomas Jefferson University
Dr. Negar Golesorkhi Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Negar Golesorkhi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lorton, VA.